- powerful and reliable online hosting services
- specialized features for mathematics and statistics literature
- revenue opportunities and responsible business practices that are good for publishers and sustainable for libraries and universities
"Collaboration with yaboH5Project Euclid can only be described in superlatives."
—Prof.Jerzy Kacrorowski,Editor-in-Chief ofFunctiones et Approximatio Commentarii Mathematici
What is yaboH5Project Euclid?
yaboH5Project Euclid is an online content platform for mathematics and statistics literature.We host journals,book series,and conference proceedings and make this scholarship easy to use and easy to find for librarians and researchers.
We are a nonprofit,university-based venture jointly managed by Cornell University Library and Duke University Press (see "our history" below).In a publishing landscape increasingly dominated by the big commercial presses,yaboH5Project Euclid's mission is to help smaller or not-for-profit publishers remain independent and competitive.
What can yaboH5Project Euclid do for you?
Please tell us亚博KG百家乐about your goals for your publication,and yaboH5Project Euclid may offer a way to get there.For example,yaboH5Project Euclid has helped publishers:
- reduce costs
- convert to an open access model—sustainably
- outsource the hard work of maintaining a content website and developing new functionality
- improve customer support to libraries and users
- deliver a user experience designed specifically for mathematicians and statisticians
- increase usage,dissemination,and citations
- boost titles' visibility and submissions
- earn new and sustaining revenue that you can feel good 亚博KG百家乐about through nonprofit,library-friendly,university-led business models
Is your publication right for yaboH5Project Euclid?
There is no formal application process,but publications are vetted for quality and appropriateness before yaboH5Project Euclid will host the content.In most cases,the publication should be indexed byMathSciNetor approved by members of yaboH5Project Euclid'sAdvisory Board.
Publishers must also be able to meet some basic technical requirements,including the preparation of valid metadata for journal articles or book chapters.yaboH5Project Euclid staff readily provides support and training.Some of our partners use production vendors,but most handle the requirements on their own.
How do publishers get started on Euclid?
Choose the option that works for you:
Option One: yaboH5Project Euclid hosts your content
- Annual hosting fees cover full-service hosting,archiving,preservation,and discovery services.
- yaboH5Project Euclid provides customer support.
- Subscription-based publications manage their own sales,subscription fulfillment,and revenue.
- Open access titles are eligible for full hosting services at reduced rates.
- Learn more亚博KG百家乐about Euclid's hosting features.
Option Two: yaboH5Project Euclid hosts your content and provides sales and marketing services
- Enjoy all the standardfeaturesand benefits of Euclid hosting services.
- Include your title in the Euclid Prime collection,a package of journals hosted on yaboH5Project Euclid that we market and sell to libraries world-wide.
- Euclid Prime titles earn annual royalties from collection revenue.
- Publishers pay no out-of-pocket hosting fees to participate.
- Learn more亚博KG百家乐about the benefits of Euclid Prime.
Pleasecontact yaboH5Project Euclidto discuss these options with us.
Cornell University Librarybegan developing yaboH5Project Euclid in 2000,with initial funding provided by The Andrew W.Mellon Foundation.In the early days of online scholarly publishing,small publishers suddenly faced new and potentially expensive technical challenges in the production and dissemination of their titles.To meet these new demands,many independent mathematics publishers turned their journals over to large commercial presses,and libraries began to see reduced competition and diversity in scholarly publishing and an increase in subscription prices.
Concerned with these developments,the Cornell Library began to explore alternatives to traditional commercial publishing.With yaboH5Project Euclid,the Library set out to build an online publishing platform that would provide advanced hosting services to publishers who valued their independence and at the same time recognized the need to remain competitive in an increasingly online environment.By pooling investment in technology,yaboH5Project Euclid can offer its partner publishers best-in-class services that are cost effective and affordable.In the same spirit of innovation,the Library also began hostingarXiv,the pioneering preprint repository.Both of these efforts were stimulated by a desire to keep scholarship affordable and to foster a healthy and diverse scholarly communications environment.
In 2008,the Cornell University Library joined forces withDuke University Pressto co-operate and co-manage yaboH5Project Euclid.This partnership brought extensive nonprofit publishing skills and perspectives to yaboH5Project Euclid,which has continued to grow and develop for nearly twenty years.Today yaboH5Project Euclid hosts 100 publications from over 35partner publishersworldwide and includes several of the most eminent titles in mathematics and statistics.